True Colours is a Christian based group which meets each Wednesday and welcomes everyone who wants to discover their creativity and make new friends. A place to relax, be who you are, and find out new things about yourself and others. It is a place where you can think and share. It is a place where we recognise that each individual has gifts and skills, which when shared enrich the lives of others.
General Aims of Group
Below is a sample of some of the artwork created by the group.
- To meet together, develop friendships and make new friends.
- To have fun and enjoyment
- To encourage creativity, skill, imagination and personal expression.
- To celebrate the talents and achievements of disabled people; challenge stereotypical thinking and focus on ability rather than disability.
- To encourage volunteers and supporters of the group to share in the ethos of True Colours
Format of the Day
10.00-10-20 Tea, coffee and welcome
10.20-10.45 Sharing time and looking at what’s in the news
10.45-12.00 Art, jewellery making, needlecraft, cookery.
12.45-02.30 Singing/ Makaton